Thursday 16 April 2015

knitrospective - most worn/reliable knit acccessory

Recently I bought a wooden chest for the end of the bed, and now all of my knitted items are stored there. As I moved each piece from their previous homes I took time to look over what I have done and the progression that I have made as a knitter. This gave me a renewed look at my knitting as a "body of work" and accompanied with my Ravelry Project Page brings back a lot of memories.

I thought it would be interesting to focus on pieces that I have knit previously, tell their story, how I feel about them now and hopefully get some inspiration from other knitters.

For this knitrospective I am focusing on the accessory (excluding socks) that I wear most regularly and think of as a "go to" piece.

Cowls are definitely my favourite accessory pieces and my most worn/reliable of my cowls is the Fresco Basket Whip Cowl. Interestingly, it was the first cowl I ever knit. And the only reason I knit it was because it was part of a knitalong I joined.

Project Breakdown:
Pattern: Fresco Basket Whip Cowl
Designer: Laura Patterson
Started: 1 November, 2011
Finished: 16 November, 2011
Yarn: Heirloom Easy Care 5ply
Colourway: Blue (No.740)

To be honest, if it had not been for the knitalong I may not have even considered knitting this pattern. But now I grab that cowl to put on more often than any other. It is warm, but not too hot; can be casual or more formal/corporate; and goes with a lot of different outfits and colours.

For the knitters out there - what is your go to knit accessory? Share in the comments or join in on instagram with #knitrospective







No comments:

Post a Comment